About EXILE CONTENT STUDIO
Exile Content Studio creates content in Spanish and English for a global audience across multiple platforms — TV, Film, Audio and Digital. Exile’s team has led content production for the largest Spanish-language media companies in the world with responsibility for film studios, OTT service, broadcast and cable networks, music, news and digital. Exile not only understands global trends, it shapes and creates culture with content that generates buzz and breaks through the noise.
Exile Content is a part of Candle Media, a Blackstone-backed, Los Angeles-based next-generation media company led by former Disney executives Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs that currently owns Moonbug Entertainment, Hello Sunshine, ATTN, and Faraway Road Productions.
About the JOB
Exile is looking for a Senior Podcast Producer to elevate the work of their current narrative investigative reporting. Are you looking to belong to a team that is collaborative and independent? That works on mission-focused work and also likes to have a little bit of fun? Are you looking to be a part of team that is building an exciting and important slate? Are you looking to carve out ownership or leadership within one show?
Strong candidates will have a lot of experience in all levels of the production process. This includes pitching episodes that have sharp framing and compelling driving questions, structuring and writing scripts, directing tapings between hosts and guests, and building episodes in multiple tracks.
This role reports to the US Head of Audio. This job requires both technical precision and excellent editorial judgment. Key function will be to select, tape, crafting scenes, and build full episode assemblies from hours of multiple interviews.
Senior producer will build episodes from start to finish with little oversight. Candidates will appreciate the nuances of making audio stories that are driven by plot versus ideas, and ideally will have had experience in crafting both host-guest conversations, as well as narrated stories.
Senior producer will manage junior producers – and be able to give clear instructions with deadlines to assist in the overall making of the series.
It’s critical that strong candidates for this position work autonomously, often on tight deadlines. They’ll help lead the conception and production of episodes alongside host/EP, and guide and mentor others on the team.
Main focus of your WORK
- Build complicated episodes with multiple interviews, archival tape, independently and on deadline
- Own and drive a team to collectively make an ongoing serialized investigative reporting series
- Clear sense of framing and structure for episode
- Identify guests and book guests necessary for the story
- Lead pre-interviews with various hosts/ reporters
- Lead the structuring and scripting of episodes
- Direct hosts and guests during tapings, with an ear for whether we’re getting the necessary tape for a successful episode
- Lead the production of episodes alongside editors, including managing deadlines, proactively identifying issues, and advocating on behalf of the episode team to ensure it can do its best work
- Build complex narratives, all with a high degree of technical proficiency, editorial judgment, and independence
- Close episodes and lead the hand-off to engineers and sound designers
Experience and background we need from YOU
- At least 7+ years experience in audio production
- Genuine passion for building complicated episodes with multiple interviews, archival tape, independently and on deadline
- Expertise in framing, structuring, and scripting stories for podcast series
- Advanced fluency and technical skill in audio production and in ProTools
- Expertise cutting clean two-way conversations on tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly and independently find archival tape and build immersive scenes
- Ability to quickly identify problems in a script or draft, and proactively come up with solutions
- High editorial standards
- Ability to support and mentor junior producers
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely with team members -within audio and across other departments
- Ability to give direction and oversee several people and tasks within one project
- Coordinate and instruct other team members and freelancers – including AP, fact checker, transcriber, sound designer, etc
- Passion for working with a team – collaborative nature and spirit of generosity, and perhaps a dash of humor in high pressure situations
This is a New York-based position, with a custom hybrid work schedule. Our office is located in Williamsburg.
• Health Care Plan (Medical, Vision and Dental)
• Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary and AD&D)
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick and Public Holidays)
• Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
• Short & Long Term Disability
This position has an estimated annual salary range of $85,000 to $100,000 depending on many factors, including but not limited to experience, demonstrated skill set, and role-dependent factors.
Please send your resume and let us know why you’d like to join Exile: email@example.com