About the JOB
Exile Audio team is seeking a Senior Audio Engineer to work across all current and future shows in our portfolio.
The Senior Audio Engineer will play a crucial role in establishing and maintaining the “sound” of all current and future Exile Audio shows. To be clear, we’re not looking for a human ‘um’ remover, but someone who really wants to get deep into the content they’re working on. Are you passionate about sound design? Do you want to be a part of a team that is redefining what an investigative podcast or fiction story should sound like? Do you want to be a part of a collaborative and curious team? We’re looking for you!
Main focus of your WORK
- Record, edit & mix various Exile podcasts
- Responsible for the technical process of recording and mixing episodes, including repairing audio
- Help to operate Exile studios and professionally represent the department to hosts and guests
- Provide sound design, music editing, and the development of new ideas for creative use of sound
- Record and deliver advertisements with wide ranging sponsor expectations at proper loudness and timing specifications
- Adhere to the high standards of Exile production and operational workflow
- Provide support to the content team in audio recording and editing best practices
- Provide technical guidance for remote recordings, instructing hosts, guests and producers on best practices to get high quality broadcast quality recordings outside of the studio.
- Creating and updating templates for each show’s unique production process.
- Acting as the first line of defense in troubleshooting studio and Pro Tools workflow issues for producers across the department.
- Being available for engineering and mixing on fast turnarounds.
- Contributing to conversations about workflow improvements and standardization across our portfolio of shows.
- Meet deadlines consistently
- Interested in mentoring other engineers in nuanced sound design techniques
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years experience as an audio engineer required and 2-3 years experience working with podcasts or broadcasts preferred.
- Good communication skills in Spanish and English.
- High level of Pro Tools experience required, as well as familiarity with Waves, iZotope and other industry-standard 3rd party plugins.
- Creative experience in varied techniques of sound design, music arrangement and creative mixing
- Experience with creative editorial, cutting and arranging content with an ear for pacing
- Familiarity with generally-accepted podcast loudness standards, and ability to deliver episodes at consistent loudness levels according to in-house specifications
- Extensive experience with audio hardware, including industry standard microphones, mixers, cabling, etc.
- Well-versed in the concept of Loudness and mixing to different specs;
- Ability to quickly, calmly and creatively troubleshoot complex issues under pressure;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion;
- Excellent attention to detail, with good organization and time management skills;
- Collaborative attitude and strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical information to people with technical and nontechnical backgrounds.
- Experience in field and home recording is preferred
- Experience as a live sound engineer is a bonus
- Experience composing original music of current and future Exile shows is a bonus.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org